Sunday, April 22, 2007

Take the Hermitian

I just saw The Matrix Reloaded. It is only the second Matrix movie I have seen, and I can't tell if it's #2 or #3 in the series. Then again, I was never that good at matrices.

My housemate who owns the DVD said that lots of people say they don't like the other two as much as they liked the first one, but that he liked all three a lot. I said that I didn't like the first one very much, and I didn't like this one as much as I liked the first one.

If it were me in that scene where all the humans had the orgy, I'd be the one guy who didn't get any. Maybe that's a good thing, 'cause in the future controlled by machines, apparently it's anal sex that begets more humans. So I guess the machines switched it so that babies grow in the intestines, and digestion occurs in the uterus. I hate to think where sausages come from.

Neo told Trinity not to go into the matrix. Why not? Was he going to take the Hermitian?

Isn't it manipulative to resurrect someone just so you can have sex with her? Shouldn't she be allowed to choose what is done with her body?

I always said that anyone who had read one page of any sci-fi written before 1980 pretty much had all the philosophy of the first Matrix down already. Reloaded had all the depth of one sentence of any such sci-fi. I guess the remaining Revolutions, whether it's the second or third movie in the series, will be commensurate with one serif on one letter of any page of any sci-fi written before 1980.

One good thing about it -- it has Elrond in it. Lots of Elronds in fact. And I guess the whole thing about self-determinism of fate and bad sci-fi is like Scientology. So really, with a convergence of Elrond and Scientology, the Matrix oeuvre embodies the true essence of an "Elrond Hubbard." Excuse me while I go wash my computer keyboard off with soap. I chose this blog name because it was the stupidest thing I could think of, and now here I am, lying on the bottom level of Zion with all the humans in their post-coital stickiness, the one guy who didn't get any, and I have the stupidest blog name anyone can think of. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

I always thought that anybody who saw Tron would have all the philosophy of the first Matrix down already. The marketing for that movie amused me, how it was all, "We can't explain The Matrix -- you have to see it for yourself." And within the first thirty minutes, I was all, "No, I think I've got it. We're all hooked up to computers, and our 'reality' is an illusion, right? Okay, then."

And at least you didn't call your blog "Idiom Savant." I mean, Jesus Christ. The hell was I thinking?

Elrond Hubbard said...

I think Dave Chappelle's "Tron" has a complete grasp of all the philosophy needed for understanding The Matrix.