Saturday, June 9, 2007

I Will Not Be Silenced

I am Elrond Hubbard and occasionally I speak. Last night I spoke on neoneocon and this morning when I went to see if there were any follow-up comments to my comment, I saw that she had deleted me! The nerve.

Now, if you're smart, you'll stop reading this posting of mine right now, because you know better than to get your knickers in a snit arguing with ideologues. But if you're dumb like me, you'll keep reading 'cause you can't keep from letting the petty comments of others get under your skin.

Neoneocon says she blogs to describe her own transition to neoconservatism and to provide a forum for others. (Note the self-centered perspective. Are blogspot, typepad, wordpress not already the providers of forums for others?) Presuming that I could be one of the "others" on her forum, I responded to one of her postings describing a walk she had taken in Brooklyn. If her blog consisted only of such postings, then she would be a harmless blog of the "I had Cornflakes for breakfast" variety that 'deep trouble pledges not to become. But most of her postings are superficial, voluminous abstractions purposing to give support to what she calls The Long War.

It is pointless to comment on one of her Long Postings, because these draw so many comments that mine would be buried. But I did comment on her walk in Brooklyn posting. Here is what I wrote, as near as I can remember it.

Wait, I get it! Your walk is like The Long War! The heat is the constant attempt by altuslibs to detract from the war effort. The breeze and shade are signs of hope: the rallying against al Qaeda of Sunni tribesmen in Anbar, and the agreement of the cabinet on an oil bill (which is now stymied in parliament).

Your abstract comments really help to simplify a complex situation in the Middle East. It's like you say -- The Long War really is like the Jews wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. If only Muslims could draw the same inspiration from the Bible that we do. Then their arrival at peace and the promised land would be assured! After all, we're doing this for them . . .

There is plenty of mud slinging going on in her comments, so it's hard to believe that my sarcasm was so out of place that she had to delete it.

3 comments:

Stew said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much incapable of doing much more than roll my eyes at people I think have stupid beliefs. (I'm guessing we are on the same beliefs team, Elrond, more or less)

Part of it is because I don't have the emotional energy to continue to get worked up when I hear of issue after issue that bugs me. Part of it is because I don't follow the ins and outs of what is going on.

Part of it is that I just don't like to argue, especially when I don't feel equipped with info.

I proudly keep an "I had Cafe Bustelo and green beams from my garden for breakfast" blog. Heh.

Stew said...

Green BEANS, even. Sheesh.

(Jim Beam, maybe...)

Elrond Hubbard said...

I was gonna say . . .